Sonder implements precautionary COVID-19 measures
An important update from Sonder in regards to COVID-19 and the provision of our services.
In light of the growing number of COVID-19 cases in South Australia and in response to the new restrictions in place, Sonder has implemented precautionary strategies at our Sonder Centres (Edinburgh North, Port Adelaide, Nuriootpa, Maitland, Marion and Onkaparinga) and headspace Centres (Adelaide, Edinburgh North, Marion and Onkaparinga) to ensure the safety of clients, family and friends, and staff working at the Centres.
These initiatives are advised by the Federal Government’s official statements and will be updated as the situation evolves.
- Reducing the delivery of in-person services and offering video and phone (Telehealth) services.
- Continuing to work in-person with clients across all of our services where clinically appropriate and necessary and in-line with SA Health guidelines.
- The following services will remain open and will continue to deliver in-person, services:
- Updating COVID-19 screening processes across our services
- Restricting staff movement between sites
- Postponing non-essential events and gatherings
- Minimising work meetings
- Implementing work-at-home provisions for staff
- Restricting visitor access
These strategies will ensure a safe environment for staff and clients, whilst ensuring the continuity of care for clients.
We strongly encourage people who are feeling unwell or experiencing mild respiratory symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, cough or fever) to please call us on (08) 8209 0700 before coming in.
Sonder will continue to monitor the situation regarding COVID-19 and act upon information released by the Australian Federal Government and each of the various State Governments.
We look forward to updating you as these strategies change and appreciate your understanding as we continue to adapt to this ever-changing circumstance.
If you have any questions about Sonder’s coronavirus response or for more information, contact us.
If you or someone you know is experiencing more feelings of stress or anxiety during this time, please read our factsheet ‘How to Cope With Stress Related to COVID-19’
To find out about the COVID-19 hotspots, the Government’s tracing efforts, and other important COVID-19 health advice, please visit covid-19.sa.gov.au
Sonder does not offer crisis and emergency support. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please contact one of the below services that can assist 24 hours a day:
- Triple 0 (Ambulance, Fire, Police) 000
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Mental Health Triage Service 13 14 65
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
You can also receive in-person, urgent mental health support at the Urgent Mental Health Care Centre between 12 pm and 10.30 pm each day, including weekends and public holidays. Located at 215 Grenfell St, Adelaide.