We collect personal information from you when you provide it over the phone, in correspondence or in person.
We also collect personal information from our website.
Will you collect my personal information from others?
We may collect your personal information from others associated with your care.
This information ensures that we can determine what support you need in order to provide you with the best possible care.
Examples of who we might collect this information from include GP’s, another treating health service or health professional, or someone else, like your carer, a partner, a family member or guardian.
What do you collect?
We collect names, contact details, gender and age, as well as referral information to access health services delivered by Sonder and client case notes which briefly summarise the interventions provided.
In certain circumstances we may need to collect sensitive information. Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, information or an opinion about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, memberships of a trade union, sexual preferences, criminal record, health information or genetic information.
Why do you collect my personal information?
Sonder will only collect sensitive information where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of Sonder’s functions or activities.
Can I remain anonymous?
You have the option of remaining anonymous or adopting a pseudonym when dealing with us. This does not apply:
- Where Sonder is legally required to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or
- Where it is impractical to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not, for example be able to provide you with the best possible service or in some circumstances we may not be able to provide a service.
How do you use my personal information?
We use your personal information to carry out our activities.
For example, purposes for which we may use your personal information may include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment functions;
- Customer service management;
- Training and events;
- Surveys and general research; and
- Service delivery
Sonder may also use or disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) about you for the purposes of direct marketing (for example, advising you of new goods and/or services being offered by Sonder).
You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from Sonder by contacting the Privacy Officer in writing or if permissible accessing Sonder’s website and unsubscribing appropriately.
Who do you disclose my personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes for which it was collected, or where it is under a legal duty to do so. This may include third parties such as:
- External suppliers that we contract with to assist with the administration and management of our organisation and service provision;
- The funding bodies of our service provision, including but not limited to Commonwealth and State Government departments, such as Adelaide & Country SA Primary Health Networks and the Australian Government Department of Social Services;
- Providers including but not limited to GP’s and other treating health services or organisations that enable us to coordinate the best support for you;
- Government or other organisations, as required by law;
- Law enforcement agencies.
Sonder may disclose your personal information outside of Sonder if authorised under the Privacy Act including if we are required or authorised by or under law. For example, if we are required to respond to a subpoena or court order.
Will my information be disclosed to overseas organisations?
In general we do not disclose your information to overseas third parties. If we do so, this will only be done with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to an overseas entity if required under Australian law or court order or if another exemption exists under the Privacy Act.
How can I access my information?
You may request access or a correction to your information by putting the request in writing and sending it to the Privacy Officer.
We will respond to any request within a reasonable period, and a charge may apply for giving access to the personal information.
There are certain circumstances in which Sonder may refuse to gran you access to the personal information. In such situations we will give you written notice that sets out:
- The reason for the refusal; and
- The mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
How do I find out more about Sonder’s privacy practices?
- How and why we may collect your personal information;
- How it is used;
- When and how we might share it with others;
- How you can access and seek to correct your personal information;
- How to make a complaint about our privacy practices and how your complaint will be handled.
To learn more about how we manage personal information, contact Sonder’s Privacy Officer.
Phone 08 8209 0700 Email firstname.lastname@example.org