We need your voice.
Join Sonder’s Steering Committee and help plan Closing the Gap Day 2021
Earlier this year, we announced the postponement of our 2020 Closing the Gap Day event due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are delighted to announce that the event has been re-scheduled for Thursday 18 March 2021 and will again be held at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
Further details about the event will be announced as we get closer to the date.
This year, Sonder is collaborating with community members for the organisation of the 2021 Closing the Gap Day event.
We are looking for people to join our Steering Committee and have their voice heard.
As a member of the committee, you will help plan the 2021 event by:
- Providing advice and guidance on how to make the event culturally safe
- Providing advice on how we can attract more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of all ages to the event
- Supporting the promotion of the event amongst local community members
- Attending planning meetings once a month
- Being a champion in the community for the CTG Day event
We welcome applications from individuals who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
What is Closing the Gap Day?
Closing the Gap Day is an annual event held for Aboriginal people as a celebration of Aboriginal culture and health promotion.
The event brings together community members, ambassadors, entertainment and array of healthcare providers to promote Aboriginal health equality.
To find out more, visit closingthegapday.net
Interested in joining?
Contact Josie Longo on (08) 8209 0700 or email email@example.com to find out how you can get involved.
Applications close Friday 3 July 2020.