Sonder recognises the importance to assist IMGs to navigate a pathway to success and the need for IMGs to have access to peer support and ongoing relevant education and training.
Sonder's eLearning Forum for IMGs is a platform that aims to create a safe and supportive environment for the sharing of ideas on various health interests that impact on IMGs such as guidance on examinations, education session updates, monthly topics of interest, specialist input and guidance through online Q&A sessions.
Joint Educational Support Program
The Joint Educational Support Program (JESP) is a collaborative initiative by the South Australian Sri Lankan Doctors Association (SASDA), Australian Chinese Medical Association (ACMA), Pakistani Medical Association of Australia (PMASA), South Australian Indian Medical Association (SAIMA) and Bangladesh Medical Society of South Australia (BAMSSA). The program is supported by Sonder and is designed to provide help and support to the International Medical Graduates (IMGs) in South Australia who are working towards entering the Australian health care system. JESP is only open to the members of these organisations.
Sonder has a long history of supporting IMGs and will continue to guide IMGs to professional success with the implementation of this program.
Key objectives of the Joint Educational Support Program
- Provide fortnightly educational sessions of various topics relevant to AMC Exams.
- Establish an understanding of the Australian healthcare system.
- Develop consultation skills in the Australian healthcare context.
- Improve communication & language skills.
- Learn about Australian culture & cultural awareness.
If you are interested in joining this program, please contact your member organisation to register as places are limited.
If you need further information, please contact Ms Monika Hembram, Sonder Education Officer at (08) 8209 0700 or email email@example.com
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency www.ahpra.gov.au
- Doctor Connect www.doctorconnect.gov.au
- RACGP www.racgp.org.au/your-practice/guidelines