Older Persons Health & Wellbeing

Day Therapy

Day Therapy
Day Therapy Centres
Home Support Services
Falls SA


My Aged Care helps you find the information you need about aged care services.


The My Aged Care Website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system.


My Aged Care is part of the Australian Government’s changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care service.


 This can be as simple as calling the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au


My Aged Care provides you with information about:


Help in your own home
Home Care Packages
Aged Care Assessment Team




Agedcare Alternatives
Face to face & phone help to navigate & connect to aged care systems, info & support

T 8271 3888


Aged Care Information Line
Information on fees, charges, programs and procedures for Commonwealth funded residential and community care options.
T 1800 500 853


COTA (Council on the Aged)

Aust largest advocacy body for senior
www.cota.org.au T 8232 0422


My Aged Care

Help to navigate the aged care system.
www.myagedcare.gov.au  T 1800 200 422


Palliative Care Australia
PCA undertakes a wide range of activities to help palliative care patients and their families.
www.palliativecare.org.au  T (02) 6232 4433


Palliative Care Council South Australia

Face to face & phone help to navigate & connect to palliative care systems, info & support

www.pallcare.asn.au  T 8271 1643


Advanced Care Directives
Forms and DIY Kits; information and support


Seniors Information Service
Info re accommodation, aged care facilities, home care
www.seniors.asn.au  T 8168 8776


Aged Care Advocacy Services
Able to provide individually tailored advice regarding personal rights and how to exercise them.
www.health.gov.au/agedcareadvocacy  T 1800 700 600


Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme
Initiate investigations conns regarding Commonwealth funded aged care services. Free service.

www.health.gov.au/oacqc  T 1800 550 552


Office of the Aged Care Commissioner
If the Aged Care Complaints Investigation Scheme was not able to settle a complaint in a satisfactory manner, the Aged Care Commissioner can be contacted as a follow on step.
www.agedcarecommissioner.net.au  T 1800 500 294


Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS)
Provides consumer rights information and support to users of aged care services.
www.sa.agedrights.asn.au  T 8232 5377

Home Support

Local Councils:
Provide home support, community bus, home maintenance, library & social support programs.

1. City of Salisbury T 8406 8374
2. City of Playford T 8256 0333
3. Town of Gawler T 8522 9203
4. City of Tea Tree Gully T 8397 7444
5. City of Port Adelaide Enfield T 8405 6600
6. City of Norwood, Payneham and St Peters T 8366 4555

Aboriginal Home Care
Provides a range of in home and community support services to assist people to stay living independently at home
T 8346 9155

Meals on Wheels
Fresh 3-course meals delivered 5 days/week. Frozen meals available for weekends.
T 8271 8700

SAPOL Home Assist Program
Home safety security assessments
T 7322 3211

Silver Chain RDNS
Home assessments, Community Home Support Program, Home care packages Domiciliary support, education & in home nursing care
T 1300 364 264

Domiciliary Equipment Service & home modification service
Hire, sales, delivery and installation of equipment to help people to live independently. DES currently undertakes home modifications for clients of Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) and Domiciliary Care SA (DCSA).
T 1300 295 673

Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme
Helps frail older South Australians at risk of falls or medical emergencies to obtain a personal alert system, allowing them to live independently in their own homes for longer.
T 1300 700 169

My Aged Care
Provide a telephone-based screening service that helps link older people with services they need to stay at home.
T 1300 130 551

Financial Support

No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS)
Interest-free loans for low-income earners. Generally for the purchase of household items (eg.White goods). HCC or pension card required. Between $800-$1200 over 12-18 mths T 8202 5187

Anglicare SA T 82562170

UCare Gawler T 8522 4522

The Salvation Army T 8397 9333

Provides information on Concession cards available and eligibility. Information documents can be accessed under Publications section of Centrelink website, under Concession Cards.
T 13 23 00

Families SA
Financial counselling, emergency assistance
T 8226 7000

Housing SA
Assistance with bonds and rent, home modification etc.
T 13 12 99

Money Smart
Help to better manage money
T 1300 300 630